Résumé

The Hôtel-de-la-Marine is a new museum inaugurated in June 2021, in a magnificent 18th century historic building. From its loggia, visitors have a breathtaking view of the Place de la Concorde.
The Furniture Store of the Crown of France
The hotel was built between 1757 and 1774 to house the Garde-Meuble de la Couronne from 1772. It was organized into three exhibition rooms: the Salle d'Armes (collection of armor and weapons of the kings of France - today in the Invalides and the Louvre); the Galerie des Grands Meubles (fabrics and collection of tapestries unique in the world - now in the Louvre and the Mobilier National); the Hall of Jewels (vases of colored stones and rock crystal, silverware, diplomatic gifts, as well as the crown jewels, including diamonds set in jewel cases).
The course of history in the Hôtel-de-la-Marine
The Revolution. The Hôtel de la Marine was looted for weapons by Parisian rioters on the morning of July 13, 1789. It was a good point to attend the execution of Louis XVI on anuary 21, 1793, of Queen Marie-Antoinette on October 16, 1793

The theft of the Crown diamonds
The theft of the century, in the middle of the revolution! This theft took place during the week of September 11 to 17, 1792, over several days, by about forty people, in the chaos that reigned in this revolutionary period.
Abolition of slavery
The decree of abolition of slavery was signed on April 27, 1848 by Victor Schœlcher in this building.
Four most important balls of the 19th century touk place in the Hôtel-de-la-Marine
February 27, 1802: the ball of Europe
June 1825: the ball of the coronation of Charles X
February 12, 1866: the ball of Napoleon III
October 18, 1893: the ball for the Russian squadron
The visit of the Hôtel-de-La-Marine
The proposed tours are special and original: the tours are done with the sound of the "Confident", a connected headset that tells the story along the routes.
The loggia adjoining the salons d'honneur of the Hôtel de la Marine, offers a breathtaking view of the Place de la Concorde, the Tuileries gardens, the Musée d'Orsay, the Grand Palais and the Eiffel Tower.
The Hôtel-de-la-Marine Museum will also host the Al Thani Collection from Qatar for the next 20 years, in parallel with a program of temporary thematic exhibitions. These presentations follow an agreement between the Centre des monuments nationaux and the Al Thani Collection Foundation.

Localisation
Open hours
  • Ouverture: tous les jours sous réserve de modifications (merci de consulter le site du monument avant votre venue : www.hotel-de-la-marine.paris)
    • Lundi, mardi, mercredi, jeudi, samedi et dimanche de 10h30 à 19h (fermeture de la billetterie à 18h15 et évacuation des salles à 18h45)
    • Le vendredi à partir de 10h30. Nocturne jusqu'à 21h30 (fermeture de la billetterie à 20h45 et évacuation des salles à 21h15).
  • Ouvertures exceptionnelles
    • Pâques
    • Lundi de Pâques
    • Ascension
    • 8 mai
    • Pentecôte
    • lundi de Pentecôte
    • 14 juillet
    • 15 août
    • 1er novembre
    • 11 novembre
  • Fermé 1er janvier, 1er mai, 25 décembre

Les fermetures (grèves, jours fériés, etc.) et gratuités exceptionnelles n’entraîneront ni le remboursement, ni le prolongement de la durée des billets.

La cour d’honneur, la librairie-boutique et les espaces de restauration sont  accessibles sans acheter de billet d’entrée. Ils ont leurs propres horaires à consulter ici.

Dans la cour d'honneur, le restaurant MIMOSA pas encore ouvert

Au rez-de-chaussée également, le Café Lapérouse est ouvert du petit déjeuner au dîner.

Access

Hôtel de la Marine
2 Place de la Concorde
Paris - 75008

  • Metro: lines 1, 8 et 12 - Station Concorde
  • RER: closest lines: A et C
  • Bus: lines 42 45 52 72 73 84 94 (RATP)
  • Noctilien N11 and N24. (Night bus line)
  • Tootbus Paris (Special bus line)
Address

Hôtel de la Marine
2 Place de la Concorde
Paris - 75008

Coordinates Latitude Longitude
Sexagesimal (°, ', ") 48° 51′ 39″ N 2° 19′ 49″ E
Degré décimal (GPS) 48.86667 2.32255
Reservation

Your ticket allows you to pick up the Confident, upon your arrival. It is a connected headset for an immersive free visit that will guide you throughout your visit. Buying online means you don't have to go to the cashier, but you can't cut the lines at security checks or at the Confident pick-up in case of heavy traffic.

9 languages are available: French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Arabic.

Two self-guided tours are available (the Confident is included in the price)

SALONS & LOGGIA - AL THANI COLLECTION - Al Thani Collection - Duration 45 mn - 13 €

Discovery of the ceremonial salons and the most beautiful view of Paris (includes the Al Thani Collection)

WHAT IS INCLUDED :

- Access to the salons and the loggia of the Hôtel de la Marine
- Access to the galleries dedicated to the Al Thani Collection (from November 18)
- The Confident headset (Languages available for the Confident: French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese - to be chosen on site).

GRAND TOUR - AL THANI COLLECTION - 3 options - Duration 1h30 - 17 €.

Explore the monument in its entirety. Discover the steward's apartments, the honor rooms and the loggia through 3 audio tours to choose from (Time travel, Age of Enlightenment and Family). These are 3 ways to immerse yourself in the history of the Hôtel de la Marine (includes the Salons & Loggia tour and the Al Thani Collection).
End your visit by discovering the treasures of the Al Thani Collection in the exhibition gallery dedicated to it.

Please note that the Grand Tour is not accessible to wheelchair users.

Free of charge:

  • Up to 18 years old
  • From 18-25 years old (European Union residents or non-Europeans if living in France)
  • Handicapped/accompanying person
  • Other free: (Job seekers, beneficiaries of social minima, war veterans)
  • The monument is also free during the European Heritage Days (3rd weekend of September) and on the 1st Sunday of the month (from January 1st to March 31st and from November 1st to December 31st); more information in the "Free admission conditions" section, located at the bottom of the website.

Rates and conditions

  • Self-guided tour: Grand Tour: 17€ - Salons & loggia: 13€ - Al Thani Collection: 11€50 (equipped with the Confident, 3D spatialized sound headset)
  • Group visit: Group conference visit: 570 €.

Restaurants: reservations (Accessible without a ticket for the museum)

Three dining areas are available at the Hôtel de la Marine: on the first floor and mezzanine, the Restaurant signed Jean-François Piège and the café Au Café Lapérouse orchestrated by Christophe Michalak. On the second floor, the Bar Royal managed by Alain Ducasse welcomes you in its cosy lounges. Reservations directly with these establishments.

  • Restaurant Mimosa : communication@moma-group.net
  • Café Lapérouse : direction@cafelaperouse-concorde.com
  • The bookshop and the restaurant areas are accessible without buying an entrance ticket.

 

 

Description complète

The Hôtel-de-la-Marine is the new monument of the Place de la Concorde, opened in June 2021. It is a unique monument, an 18th-century palace in the heart of Paris. You will discover its refurbished 18th-century apartments, its ceremonial rooms, and its restaurants in a fully restored building. It also houses the Al Thani collection of Qatar for twenty years.

Beginning of the history of what will become the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

In 1748 in Paris, the aldermen of Paris decided to offer the Sovereign (Louis XIV) a monument dedicated to his personal glory in the form of an equestrian statue as a Roman Imperator. The project was then extended to the construction of a monumental esplanade dedicated to the glory of the King on the model of the 3 existing royal squares:  Place des Conquêtes (Place Vendôme), Place Royale (now Place des Vosges), and Place Dauphine (now Place des Victoires).
Several locations were considered and after much hesitation, the King finally chose the marshy area at the foot of the hill of Roule between the infamous wood of the Champs-Élysées and the western end of the park of his Tuileries Castle. In the 18th century, it was an esplanade surrounded by a ditch that served as a store for marbles and was connected by a barrier to a gabelle post and the marble port. Two large open sewers crossed the two ends of this ground, one flowing in the ditch of the Tuileries, the other along the Champs-Élysées. It was not until 1772 that the Place Louis XV was "almost" completed.

The layout of the Place Louis XV (today Place de la Concorde)

To the north, two twin palaces with monumental classical facades were decided upon. They will frame the rue Royale on both sides. However, they remained unused, so that in 1757, only the facades of these hotels were built as a decoration closing the Place Louis XV to the north, without any building being constructed behind them.
The construction of the building behind the facades, which was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, lasted from 1757 to 1774 under the direction of the architect and general controller of the king's buildings, Louis-François Trouard. However, the buildings still had to be given a purpose. This was done in 1767.

2 palaces, one of which was used for the King's furniture: the Hôtel-de-la-Marine of today

  • The Western Palace (today the Hôtel Crillon) was to house the Mint but, being too far from the business center, it was finally subdivided into four lots with the purchasers being responsible for building private houses at their own expense.
  • The Palais oriental or Hôtel du Garde-Meuble (the one on the right when seen from the Obelisk) was intended for the Garde-Meuble royal (the administration in charge of the King's furniture). Supposed to occupy only a part of the building, the Garde-Meuble took over the entire building in 1767. It is was is now called the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

The forerunner of the present "Garde Meuble National" (National Furniture), this institution was responsible for the selection, purchase, and conservation of the King's furniture and collections: arms and armor, diplomatic gifts, fabrics, hangings and tapestries, hardstone vases, porcelain, chinoiserie, bronzes, cookies... but also kitchen utensils and household linen.

Finally, the Garde-Meuble preserves the diamonds of the French Crown, the personal jewels of the King, and the Royal Family.

The organization of the Garde-Meuble Royal before the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

The Controller General of the Garde-Meuble and Intendant of the King, Pierre-Elisabeth de Fontanieu, began his installation to meet the needs of his administration: warehouse, workshops, apartments, exhibition galleries. But he also brought together, with a sure and informed taste, the quintessence of the most luxurious, refined, and innovative decorative arts and interior design of the 18th century. He thus guided French and European taste and pushed it to an unequaled level of excellence. Merchants, artists, craftsmen, and patrons of the arts came to the Garde-Meuble and were received in showrooms that were sometimes more lavishly decorated than the royal houses.

The stewardship is not forgotten in the Royal Furniture Guard

The hotel also houses several apartments, including the lodging of the intendant of the Garde-Meuble. There is also the chapel of Cardinal de Richelieu, a laundry, a library, workshops, and stables.

Opening of the Garde-Meuble Royal to the public

In 1777, Fontanieu also inaugurated the principle of the exhibition and the museum by opening galleries dedicated to the public every first Tuesday of the month between 9 am and 1 pm "from Quasimodo to St. Martin's Day" (from the first Sunday after Easter until November 11).

The exhibitions are divided into three rooms:

  • The "Salle d'Armes" which presents a collection of armor and weapons of the Kings of France (now in the Invalides and the Louvre);
  • The "Galerie des Grands Meubles", which houses a collection of tapestries unique in the world (now in the Louvre, the Mobilier National, and the Palais Nationaux)
  • The "Salle des Bijoux", which contains vases of colored stones and rock crystal, gold and silverware, diplomatic gifts, as well as the crown jewels, including diamonds set in ornaments, locked up in display cases.

Marc-Antoine Thierry de Ville-d'Avray, the King's first valet de chambre, replaced the Marquis de Fontanieu in 1784. From the beginning of his administration, he drew up regulations for ordering and lending furniture and for the management of the establishment. Instead of ordering furniture from independent craftsmen, he chose to use a régie under the supervision of the sculptor Jean Hauré.  This system allowed him to save money, but it also favored certain clientelism and favoritism that generated jealousy.

The Revolution: a balcony on History and a change of destination

July 13, 1789: the day before July 14, 1789, the insurgents invaded the Garde Meuble Royal. The person in charge that day (Marc-Antoine Thierry de Ville-d'Avray, was absent) directed the demonstrators to the arms room in order to divert them from the jewel room and the large furniture. The insurgents came out with picks and swords for the parade as well as ceremonial cannons given to Louis XIV by the King of Siam in 1684, mounted on damascene silver mounts and of symbolic size. They proved to be particularly ineffective against the Bastille.

The Crown Jewels of France

On June 17, 1791, the Constituent Assembly decided to proceed with a complete inventory of the Garde-Meuble. There were unfounded suspicions about the financing of the armies engaged against France following the disappearance of the Crown Jewels of France. This inventory shows that nothing was stolen.

Thierry de Ville d'Avray was under suspicion and was ordered to "obey the orders of the commissioners". Now under surveillance, he set up a cabinet to hide nine boxes containing three-quarters of the jewels.

After the capture of the Tuileries Palace during the massacres of September 1792, the Minister of the Interior Roland had Thierry de Ville d'Avray arrested and appointed Jean-Bernard Restout as Director of the Garde-Meuble in his place. Alexandre Lemoine-Crécy, Thierry de Ville d'Avray's brother-in-law, who was the General Guard of the Crown, gave the jewel cases to Roland and Restout. The inventory report mentions that they had not been opened and had been placed in the jewel room, which was immediately sealed, like the rest of the furniture repository, in the presence of Roland and Restout.

The treasure, amassed since the 16th century by the kings of France, was composed of more than 10,000 stones, including unique pieces such as the "Grand Saphir" of Louis XIV, the "Sancy" diamond, the "Regent", pearls, rubies, emeralds, topaz, and other sapphires. The value of the whole is then estimated at 23 million pounds.

The heist of the century of September 11-16, 1792

During the night of September 11-12, 1792, about forty thieves led by a certain Paul Miette climbed the façade of the Garde-Meuble with the help of ropes, leaning on the lampposts of the now Place de la Révolution.
For four days and four nights, they had a good time, organized a noisy and drunken party, and brought up prostitutes, without any guard hearing anything. On the 16th, a patrol discovered that the seals had been broken. A few diamonds were found on the ground, but the damage reached nearly 30 million francs.

Most of the looters were apprehended during the evening and the following day. Incommunicado, eight of them were found guilty of "conspiracy to despoil the Republic" and immediately sentenced to death by guillotine.

Ville d'Avray was found murdered in the prison of the abbey where he had been locked up.

Who benefited from this crime?

Historians have, of course, speculated about this.

Custody was conveniently reduced irregularly as a result of illnesses later revealed to be unproven or of imposed permissions
The jewels immediately recovered were the least valuable, requiring knowledge and expertise and a prior choice that the arrested thieves did not have

So who was behind this heist? Several hypotheses are possible:

Was it Thierry de Ville d'Avray who, after the King's escape to Varennes (Louis XVI), had managed to evacuate the most important stones to Flemish diamond dealers to finance a possible counter-revolutionary army, under the pretext of re-cutting or repair operations?
Or would Lemoine-Crécy have emptied the boxes before giving them to Roland and Restout?
A final hypothesis is that, faced with a certain defeat at the battle of Valmy on September 20, 1792, for the poor, starving, ill-equipped, inexperienced, and outnumbered Revolutionary Armies facing the Prussians and Austrians who were marching on Paris, Danton would have recovered the jewels and offered them to the Duke of Brunswick at the head of the enemy troops.
It appears that the generals of the former royal armies Lafayette, Rochambeau, and Luckner were replaced at the last moment by generals who had joined the Convention (Kellerman and Dumouriez). The battle was interrupted after a few hours after soft Prussian charges and an unexplained and "miraculous" retreat of Brunswick. He did not wait for the arrival of his Austrian reinforcements, although they were close by.

Most of the jewels were found two years later and joined the collections of the Museum of Natural History in 1795. Today, they are on deposit at the Louvre and can be admired in the Galerie d'Apollon. The "Bleu de France" reappeared in England in 1812, but was completely reworked, which caused it to lose its initial brilliance forever. It is now known as the "Hope Diamond" and exhibited at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC.

The execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette seen from the balcony of the Garde-Meuble building

On January 21, 1793, King Louis XVI was executed on the Place de la Révolution (Place de la Concorde). Gaspard Monge, Minister of the Navy since 1792, witnessed the execution of the King from his office and countersigned the death certificate of the King.
Queen Marie-Antoinette was executed on the Place de la Révolution on October 16, 1793. Her execution report and death certificate were drawn up and signed on October 24, 1793, in the Salon des Bijoux of the Garde-Meuble. The original of the act disappeared during the destruction of the archives of Paris in 1871, but it had been copied by archivists.

The end of the Garde-Meuble and the arrival of the Navy in 1798

On October 6, 1789, Louis XVI was "brought back" from Versailles to Paris. All the administrations of the Kingdom had to follow the same path and find a place to settle in Paris. Count César Henri de La Luzerne and Jean-Baptiste Berthier, respectively Secretary of State for the Navy and Cartographer-Governor General of the Hotels-Ministries of the Navy, War and the Colonies, occupied spaces on the second and western floors of the Hôtel du Garde-Meuble.

A symbol of the Ancien Régime, the Garde-Meuble was first purely and simply abolished in 1793. Some of the furniture and objets d'art were then sold at auction or burned, notably to recover the precious metals until 1798.

In 1800, it was recreated under the name of Garde-Meuble des Consuls and then became the Imperial Furniture and finally the National Furniture in 1870. The Mobilier National is still in charge of the furniture of the different National Palaces such as the Élysée. It moved to Quai d'Orsay and then to Rue Berbier-du-Mets (13th arrondissement of Paris) and never returned to its original location.

The Navy took over the entire building in 1799 and from the office of the Chief of Staff to the gallery of the great prefectures of the Navy, it remodeled the place according to its needs. At the heart of economic, merchant, and military diplomacy, the walls of the diplomatic lounge of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine now have ears in the literal sense. Indeed, reusing a service passage from the 18th century behind the fireplace wall, a cramped hiding place is hidden to listen and take note of the debates that took place in the diplomatic lounge.

Return to normality after the Revolution: February 27, 1802, and the Ball of Europe at the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

The first ball to be held since the Terror, the Bal de l'Europe marked the renewal of Parisian social life.

Organized by the Minister of the Navy Denis Decrès at the request of the First Consul Bonaparte, it brought together the ambassadors of foreign powers to signify the return of France to the concert of nations.

Another memorable ball at the Hôtel-de-la-Marine: that of the coronation of Charles X on May 29, 1825

The Minister of the Navy, who played a key diplomatic and economic role, did not deviate and organized a ball with a maritime theme.

The evening remained in the annals, the witnesses of the time were impressed by the splendor of this evening which shone of thousand fires. The lighting of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine was provided by blue glass lights with marine anchors.

Many balls (less sumptuous) are given in Paris in the weeks which follow.

The Obelisk of Luxor was erected October 25, 1836

On October 25, 1836 Louis-Philippe I, was the first great public outing since the attack of Alibaud on June 25, 1836. He had not wanted to risk ridicule in case of failure of the operation - just like the politicians of our time. He had therefore discreetly installed himself, with the royal family, at the windows of the salons of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine. At the precise moment when the obelisk was standing on its base, the king and his family appeared on the balcony in a perfectly staged performance to receive the ovation of the crowd that had gathered to witness the operation.

Abolition of slavery on April 27, 1848, in the diplomatic lounge

In this same diplomatic lounge, Victor Schœlcher, under-secretary of State for the Navy in the provisional government, signed the decree of the abolition of slavery on April 27, 1848. The desk on which this decree was signed is still visible today.

In April 2018, President Emmanuel Macron announced the creation of the Foundation for the Memory of Slavery, chaired by Jean-Marc Ayrault, and indicated that it would be headquartered at the Hôtel de la Marine

The Procession of Nations February 12, 1866: all at the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

Another ball: Napoleon III's Minister of the Navy (Marquis de Chasseloup-Laubat) gave a famous costume ball on February 12, 1866, within the walls of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine. Three thousand guests were invited to the 18 rooms of the newly renovated second-floor apartments, when at eleven o'clock in the evening Emperor Napoleon III and Empress Eugenie made their entrance, also masked. A refined dinner of twenty guests was served in a private dining room.

The evening was marked by the "procession of nations": women in costume, surrounded by a procession, paraded through the salons to symbolize France and the different parts of the world: Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. France is dressed in a long white dress and a tricolor scarf. She holds an olive branch in her hand, a symbol of peace.

This staging, desired by the Minister himself, was intended to show the strength of the French Navy and the colonial policy of the Empire.

18 October 1893: a ball this time for the Russian squadron

After the signature of a Franco-Russian military agreement in 1892, the Minister of the Navy gave a grand dinner in the Hôtel-de-la-Marine, followed by a ball in honor of the Russian Navy.

The guests were so numerous that the loggia overlooking the Place de la Concorde was transformed into a ballroom, which gave the guests the opportunity to greet the large crowd gathered on the square.

The Second World War at the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

During the Nazi occupation, the staff of the Kriegsmarine (German Navy) took over the premises that had been hastily abandoned in 1940.
During the Liberation of Paris in August 1944, the last battles were concentrated around the Place de la Concorde and during the ascent of the 2nd DB on rue de Rivoli. This street was home to several German headquarters and many Nazi soldiers took refuge in the Hôtel de la Marine.  The last commandos took refuge on the roofs of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine before surrendering, but not without firing a few rounds when General de Gaulle descended the Champs-Élysées.

The gradual departure of the Navy between 1947-2015

All of the civilian services were gradually attached to other administrations and left the Hôtel-de-la-Marine of the Concord square.

The first restoration of the Napoleon III salons and the colonnade was undertaken by the Navy in 2009. In 2015, the high command of the Navy moved to the Hexagon Army Command Center in the 15th arrondissement, intended to bring together all the civilian and military services of national defense.

Bicentenary of the Revolution in 1989 from the loggia of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

On July 13 and 14, 1989, the guests of the President of the Republic François Mitterrand can follow from the loggia of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine, the commemorative parade of the bicentenary of the French Revolution designed by Jean-Paul Goude.

2016-2020: the innovative project of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux

In 2011, President Sarkozy entrusted the commission chaired by President Giscard d'Estaing with the future of the Hôtel de la Marine. Their reflection leads to a project entrusted to the Centre des Monuments Nationaux (CMN).

CMN is undertaking a thorough restoration of the building, from 2017 to 2021, at the end of which 6,000 m2 should be open to the public (including the ceremonial rooms and apartments dating from the eighteenth century) and 6,000 m2 rented to companies (among the tenants is the International Federation of Football Association (FIFA), which occupies the third floor of the building16 ).

A passageway is open on the first floor between the rue Royale and the place de la Concorde, giving access to stores, a bookshop, and three restaurants.

The opening of the rooms to the public allows access to the colonnade, the ceremonial rooms, and the spaces associated with the history of the navy. The Hôtel de la Marine also housed the Al Thani collection from Qatar for twenty years.

A brasserie called Mimosa, evoking a "Mediterranean atmosphere", has been entrusted to chef Jean-François Piège.

The results of the renovations

3 years of construction
1,200 m² of decor to clear
130 M€ budget
+ 40 companies involved in the work
500 pieces of woodwork restored
330 m² of glass roof created to cover the interior courtyard
12,700 m² of total surface area renovated, including 6,200 m² for the areas open to visitors

What can be seen in the Hôtel-de-la-Marine

The monument was inaugurated by the President of the Republic Emmanuel Macron on June 10, 2021, and opened to the public on June 12, 2021, after 4 years of work and a year of pandemic.

The building has a total surface area of 12,000 m2, including 4,000 m2 of built-up area, and has no less than 553 rooms, including the famous "Salon des Amiraux "21.
The facade was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, the King's first architect, author of the plans for the Place Louis-XV (now the Place de la Concorde).
Its two pediments are decorated with reliefs representing allegories of public Magnificence and Felicity, works of Guillaume II Coustou and Michel-Ange Slodtz. In 1976, the tympanum of Michel-Ange Slodtz was removed and replaced by a copy of the sculptor André Lavaysse. Due to poor coordination of state services, the work of Slodtz, which was in poor condition, was broken and sent to the public dump.
The Hôtel-de-la-Marine itself was built on plans by Gabriel under the direction of Jacques-Germain Soufflot.
The interior decorations, of great magnificence, are the work of the architect Jacques Gondouin, inspired by Piranesi, and constitute an important step in the evolution of taste in the eighteenth century. "Although remodeled under the Second Empire, the large ceremonial rooms and especially the Golden Gallery still retain some elements of the original decor.
The hotel has four interior courtyards: the cour des Ateliers, the basse-cour, the Cour d'Honneur, and the cour de l'Intendant, the latter covered by a spectacular 300 m2 glass roof, designed by the British architect Hugh Dutton
The loggia of the Hôtel-de-la-Marine adjoining the Salon des Amiraux, nicknamed the "Balcony of the State", offers a breathtaking view of the Place de la Concorde.

The free visits in 9 languages are done with a headset and "The Confident" visitors discover lush reception rooms and an exceptional loggia with an extraordinary view on the Place de la Concorde.

The building continues to display a naval pavilion.

A replica of the Hôtel de la Marine in the United States

A replica of the Hôtel de la Marine is located in Philadelphia, USA, in place of the former Family Court of Philadelphia. Also, note that the Free Library of Philadelphia is a replica of the Hotel de Coislin.

Static Code
[[booking]]
Closed
Open hours today: 10:30 am - 9:30 pm
  • Monday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • Tuesday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • Wednesday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • Thursday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • Friday

    10:30 am - 9:30 pm

  • Saturday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • Sunday

    10:30 am - 7:00 pm

  • July 12, 2024 7:08 am local time

Contact business

Error: Contact form not found.

More locations
  • No comments yet.
  • Add a review
    What else to see in the area

    A voir aux alentours: Panthéon, Conciergerie, Sainte-Chapelle, Chapelle expiatoire, Arc de Triomphe

    Monument dans le même quartier: Champs-Élysées

    Monument dans le même arrondissement: 8e arrondissement

    Monument à Paris et en Ile-de-france: Monument

    Champs-Élysées - 8e Arrondissement

    Arc de Triomphe

    Chapelle expiatoire

    Sainte-Chapelle

    Conciergerie

    Panthéon

    You May Also Be Interested In